Experience Designer, Mobile
The Nerdery is looking for a highly motivated mobile focused user experience designer to be responsible for crafting the architecture and user experience of our projects. The Experience Design team covers a broad spectrum of practice areas including: discovery and analysis, user research, information architecture, interaction design and visual design. Our ideal candidate possesses a broad understanding encompassing multiple practice areas, or a deep and focused understanding of a single facet.
Technical skill required:
- 3+ years interaction design experience working on native mobile apps for both iOS and Android. Has worked on and shipped a native mobile app in the past year.
- 2+ years of experience leading mobile design work as part of a product team. Is comfortable and confident interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Google’s Material Design and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and knows when to conform or deviate from platform standards. Has familiarity with the latest versions of iOS and Android (iOS 12 and Android 9 Pie).
- Excellent communication skills. Has the ability to communicate design decisions to stakeholders, developers, and other members of the team.
- Has experience translating interactions from iOS to Android and vice versa. Is able to communicate the nuance of designing specifically for a given platform.
- Strong cross-disciplinary collaborator who seeks feedback and input from all members of the team. Regularly seeks feedback from team members.
- Has some familiarity with visual design for mobile apps and can communicate constraints or considerations for brand and visual treatments to team members and stakeholders.
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates the above skills and their approach to solving problems for mobile products.
- Has familiarity with animation for mobile apps.
- Has experience working with shared component libraries.
- Has worked on consumer facing apps for events, time management, or productivity.
- Comfortable using and building component libraries.
- Has designed apps that utilize location services, push notifications, and/or support multiple languages.
- Has familiarity with accessibility tools and considerations for native mobile apps/devices and has implemented them in their work.
- Has familiarity using analytic data to build product recommendations.
- Has incorporated design into an agile workflow.
- Working familiarity with Sketch and issue management tools like JIRA. Ultra bonus points for familiarity using Git for design version control.