Experience Designer at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
We are seeking an emerging design talent to join our Experience Design team. He or she will influence product strategy, help organize our UX standards, be a collaborative contributor, and lead product prototyping and UX design work. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team, think holistically about design and change the current grocery landscape. We prefer a “hands-on” approach that involves iterating and executing across multiple workflows.
The Experience Design team has an effective partnership with the product and development teams. We collaborate with engineers, product owners, brand clients and other executives throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a customer focus, a data-driven approach, and awareness of current practices for mobile and browser UX design. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to act well with minimal direction.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Ensure user focus throughout the product design process
- Ensure design solutions are user-centric and business goals are met
- Understand and advocate for our users
- Help define design strategy, UX architecture, style guides, and usability patterns to drive efficiency and consistency into our user experience across all the internal brand clients
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment
- Champion ongoing improvements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
- Drive conceptual diagrams, wireframes, UI mockups, and prototypes
- Work with product owners to develop and evangelize new product ideas
- Coordinate design efforts with our U.S. brands
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- At least 1-3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Experience working with or conducting your own research, presenting results and acting on those results
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UX/UI best practices is a requirement for application
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for browsers
- Experience with design for mobile browsers, apps, touch-screen interfaces, and multiple screen sizes
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision and Keynote
- Success in creating innovative and user-friendly responsive websites and customer-facing features
- Experience with online commerce, shopping, and checkout
- Experience applying Accessibility best practices (WCAG)
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold strategic vision
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.