The Nerdery is looking for a highly motivated and passionate user experience designer to be responsible for crafting the architecture and user experience of our projects in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. The Nerdery’s Experience Design team covers a broad spectrum of practice areas including: discovery and analysis, user research, information architecture, interaction design and visual design. Our ideal candidate possesses a broad understanding encompassing multiple practice areas, or a deep and focused understanding of a single facet. We strongly emphasize user-centered design methodologies, so an ability and desire to justify design decisions with supporting research is a must.
Please attach your resume to the online application in PDF format and upload or provide us with a link to an online portfolio of any interactive work you've done.
- Analyze and understand business and application requirements, prioritize and identify user tasks and goals
- Plan and execute a wide range of design methods such as stakeholder workshops, user research, prototype tests, usability tests, iterative design sprints, and more
- Create interactive prototypes either using a tool such as Axure or InVision or through collaboration with developers
- Author a wide range of deliverables to facilitate communication between clients, developers, and designers
- Collaborate effectively with developers, clients, and other designers
- Work effectively within technical, creative, and budgetary constraints
- Adapt to a wide range of project types and timeframes
- Quickly and efficiently identify and prioritize requirements across multiple projects
- Think critically and creatively while maintaining close attention to detail
- Possess a high aptitude for learning
- Communicate clearly and concisely through both written and verbal means
- 3+ years experience designing responsive Web applications
- 1+ years experience designing native mobile applications (Android, iOS)
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, InVision, OmniGraffle, Sketch, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or 3+ years experience as a UX designer