Front End Designer / UX Contractor at UL, LLC
Front End Designer / UX: Contractor
Contribute to a safer, more secure and sustainable world! Founded in 1894, Underwriter’s Laboratories is a global leader in making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place to live, work and play. Every day, thousands of UL colleagues wake up to fulfill this purpose.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose — to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day provides a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of lives we touch rest easier too.
We are based in the north suburbs of Chicago. Specifically Northbrook, IL. The UL Creative Services In-House Department is growing, and if you want to grow with us, let’s talk.
Please apply here and contact the hiring manager directly at [email protected] if interested.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Proficient in Adobe CC, specifically (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator) Sketch is also acceptable
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Video skills a bonus