Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $3 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a driven, self-motivated graphic designer to join our marketing team. Your eye for design and attention to detail will help the M1 marketing team grow the business and deliver value to our clients.
Joining the M1 Marketing team is a great opportunity if you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want the responsibility and accountability for leading projects, crafting amazing ideas and driving flawless execution. And if you have a passion for fintech, you need to apply.
What You'll Do
In this role, you’ll own the content you produce. You'll also:
- Produce thoughtful designs for a variety of digital media, including but not limited to: website design, email campaigns, digital ads, social media graphics, blogs, infographics.
- Maintain a polished and consistent brand expression across all touchpoints.
- Edit and improve existing designs and templates.
- Work with the Brand team and assist with the creative and production process for all projects.
- Partner with other teams at M1 to develop creative solutions for new product launches, promotions, announcements, helpful content, and more.
- Link to a strong visual portfolio with an emphasis on digital design. A strong portfolio is more important than past experiences for this role.
- 2-3+ years of experience as a graphic designer in an agency or e-commerce/financial services company.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop.
- An incredible eye for detail that shines through your work.
- Ability to multitask, stay organized, and meet multiple deadlines across a variety of projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive outlook and proactive mindset.
- Experience with motion graphics
- Experience in a highly regulated industry
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym