Graphic Designer at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our growing Marketing team and create visually stunning and persuasive materials that will support our broader business goals.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from nearly 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Life as our Graphic Designer:
We are looking for a talented graphic designer ready to join our marketing team and hit the ground running. The ideal candidate has a well-rounded design portfolio, is self-motivated, comfortable managing several projects with conflicting priorities, and is able to find the balance of quality vs. meeting deadlines. A wide variety of requests will be asked of this role, so we are needing someone with strong design skills.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of graphic design experience, web design and video experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design
- Great technical skills in the Adobe Creative Suite — specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with designing digital marketing assets, such as infographics, landing pages, email campaigns, social media ads, and/or Google ads
- Familiarity with best practices for graphics and video content on social media platforms
- Desire to learn and grow knowledge of HTML, CSS and WordPress
- Experience with brand needs in a growing company a plus
- The ability to effectively collaborate with key stakeholders to translate user needs and business goals into actionable designs and engaging content
- Proficient problem-solving and project management skills
- A drive and desire to take initiative and capable of completing work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to learn and grow - this role will be crucial to the success of our marketing team so a willingness to develop new skills and platforms is important
Your first few months:
- Meet the team. Culture is big at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business and how we can best collaborate and win as a team.
- Work with our Marketing team to understand the current brand standards and where we are hoping to take our brand.
- Jump right in and help update sales collateral for our employer sales team, as well as support the graphic design needs of various teams.
- Start understanding what we currently do for clients and where we can improve to create a consistent and compelling brand message.
- Take inventory of what materials departments are in need of to hit their goals, as well as materials that need updating due to growth of clients, numbers, and more. Start mapping out a process for this to make sure that our teams are always using up to date communications.
Throughout your career here:
- With the support of the marketing team, own our branding across all channels and departments. That means you’ll have your hands in a little bit of everything: sales collateral, email banners, website content, and landing pages that connect, inspire and engage our audience.
- Be a prolific problem solver. We have multiple projects with unique needs that come through every day. We'll need you to think on your feet and work fast while doing it.
- Help define what people think of when they see PerkSpot. We’re growing fast, and that includes a lot of sales pitches, launching new clients, and building out new products for our users. You’ll be working to make sure we are visually representing it all to effectively communicate with our different audiences.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.