At Wonderlic, we’re all about people, period. That means we’re always on the lookout for the best and the brightest minds that can continue to take us to new places—and we’re looking for talented, driven individuals who desire to positively impact their career and join us in shaping the future of our organization.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Classification: Full-time, exempt position
Overview: Wonderlic is looking for an in-house Graphic Designer (GD) to lead design for the company - handling the ideation and execution of design activities. The GD will help (re)establish the visual identity of the company and be responsible for its design output. The GD will also oversee external design resources as needed, both freelancer and agency, under them while helping develop creative guidelines for the company as a whole.
Quick aside: Ignore the present branding, website, etc., all that’s about to change – with you and the rest of our growing marketing team.
First and foremost, the GD will deliver stellar designs that exhibit first-rate creative abilities, understanding of design fundamentals for digital and traditional deliverables, and do so with passion for going above and beyond to exceed expectations
The GD will participate in all creative project, ensuring that the exacting standards are both set and consistently adhered to, continuously resulting in the production of brilliant work. In other words, the GD will be an exceptionally talented designer and have the creativity to be able to know and implement quality modern design to bring us to a level of global best practices.
The Graphic Designer’s experience can range from about-to-graduate all the way to having had roles of increasing responsibility in a high-tech, preferably software or *aaS company, with multiple products. Ideally, their experience when it comes to having dramatically elevated the design of a company across the board would be: been-there done-that. But, the bottom line is that we’re looking for a high-grade talent - so if they’ve got the inherent design chops, well-honed by years of education, then we’re interested.
Location: 544 Lakeview Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Reports to: Senior Director of Integrated Marketing
What else does it take to be our Graphic Designer? In addition to the above, a diverse skill set:
- Ability to create, interpret, and translate concepts of creative strategy into a variety of mediums, including digital (particularly website design - plus video, social, and more), print (including direct mail), and events
- Can perform quality control one’s own work
- Understanding of color theory, usage, and application
- Evaluates, implements, and adjusts as necessary ideas in line with direction, and provide aesthetic guidance along with input on feasibility and resource/time requirements
- Ensures all the organization’s visuals are consistent with the overall brand by working directly with all internal teams
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment, and a good deal of ambiguity and change
- Confidence to work as collaborative team member
- An undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Must have a modern design aesthetic
- 2-5 years’ experience preferred but not required
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud as well comfortable with Microsoft Office suite and a host of other productivity and collaboration software
- B2B design experience preferred but not required
- Must provide diverse graphic design portfolio
At Wonderlic, the Graphic Designer will be in an environment which stimulates personal growth, promotes professional development, nurtures talent, and rewards excellence.
We’re looking to bring on the right GD as a key element to take us to new heights. So, if all of the above describes you, and you’re looking for an opportunity to work with talented team members across the entire company, then contact us today. It’ll be the best move you ever make for your career, your craft, and yourself.
- Highly competitive salary
- Amazing paid time off (PTO)
- 21 days to start!
- 8 paid holidays and 2 extra floating holidays
- Paid, company shutdown week December 26-31
- More bene’s
- Medical, dental, and vision group insurance
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid parental and primary caregiver leave
- 401(k) with matching
- Highly collaborative and fun work environment
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy
Wonderlic is proud to be an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Here, diversity is valued and celebrated, and is what makes us such a successful team. Wonderlic does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy status, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military/veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Wonderlic invites any applicant who has a disability to seek reasonable accommodation in the hiring process. Please call (847) 247-2440 for assistance or send us a message.