ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 130,000 today to millions.
Lead and enable all functions of Design—delivering seamless and ideal customer experiences with a customer centric and innovative culture.
What your day could consist of:
- Develop and hire a team of A-players
- Drive innovation and accessibility
- Establish an iterative design practice that test hypothesis based on qualitative and quantitative insights alike
- Align and establish design as a core stakeholder and contributor to our technology and go-to-market teams
- Establish a practice of consistent usability testing, customer calls, and sharing customer learnings across the organization
- Adopt a mobile-first approach, ensuring a 100% mobile friendly website and platform
- Achieve a website uptime of 99.9% and a >90 Lighthouse performance score
- Create brand and design standards and consistency
- Document and embrace core design principles
- Deliver design guidelines with 75% of assets used by teams outside design being pulled from a centralized asset and template library, including: visual, motion, and interaction, Product experience and interface, Voice and tone, Product imagery and photography
- Revisit and adopt a team and stakeholder process for reviewing design
- Deliver and maintain an adopted and embraced design system
What is needed:
- 10+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Responsible for driving long term design vision and strategy with demonstrated deep domain expertise
- Managed a growing design team in a rapidly scaling company, with examples of hiring and coaching people across multiple levels and skillsets
- Fluency across core design skills
- Product thinking
- Manages priorities and projects
- Sets and achieves goals/outcomes
- Adaptable to change, self-starter, even despite ambiguity
- Cultural steward
- Raises the standard of performance
- Influential in presenting and selling ideas/work
- Efficiently produces with minimal wasted effort
- Earns trust and maintains confidence with integrity and honesty
- Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner
- Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive
- Lives up to verbal and written agreements
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, parental leave, career pathing and lots of swag.
Check out more information on our benefits & perks here.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.