Signal is looking for a Head Designer who has elite design capabilities. The Head Designer will manage, coordinate and execute visual storytelling for Signal across all digital and offline marketing assets including brand elements, sales presentations, interactive content, digital content, infographics, illustrations, custom graphics, videos, and other campaigns. Our ideal candidate will be both creative and disciplined, with interest and aptitude in innovating our brand design, while also creating and maintaining consistent brand style and visual vocabularies. You should be prepared to take on tight deadlines and a wide range of marketing vehicles. And, you have the desire to focus heavily on staying current with the ever-changing trends in the design world.
For this role, we’d love to see your awe-inspiring digital portfolio containing a mix of digital and print work, all with current and cutting-edge design techniques. (consider it a must to apply for this role)
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
So, what would you be doing?
- Develop and execute on a comprehensive design strategy that transcends print and digital collateral to tell the Signal story across all of our marketing channels, including email campaigns, sales presentations, eBooks, Slideshares, direct mail pieces, one-sheeters, website design, and videos.
- Work closely with performance marketing, product marketing and content marketing teams to produce graphics, illustrations, and campaigns, often on tight deadlines.
- Lead creative brainstorming and ideation sessions, helping to advance Signal’s brand narrative and thought leadership through visual brand storytelling efforts.
- Experiment with and apply a variety of visual communications methods and media, including interactive digital experiences, infographics, video, etc.
- Work with vendors to order marketing collateral, develop interactive content pieces, and support creative needs.
- Manage Signal’s marketing collateral library for sales support, which includes sell sheets, spec sheets, presentations and promotional pieces.
- Develop email campaigns using Hubspot.
- Enable our sales team by developing the visual tools they need.
- Be willing to do pretty much anything to make things happen and still have presence of mind to have fun along the way
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related program and a minimum of 5 years in design.
- Experience working with a brand that has clear guidelines
- Strong understanding of typography, space, color and composition.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and experience building email campaigns in Hubspot preferred.
- Website design and development.
- Highly organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines. You’ll be a proactive contributor, manage your workload and communicate with the team to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, resourceful and a possessing a positive, can-do attitude
- Collaborate. You will work with all sorts of Signalites to get things done.
- You have a basic understanding of marketing technology (analytics, digital media, marketing automation).
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and time management skills, including balancing multiple priorities on a tight schedule. In other words, you love the Project Management aspect of this role.
- Ability to work as both an individual contributor and team leader
- Really smart and amazing but your ego doesn’t require that you be the only smart and amazing person on your team.
In addition to the specifics of this job, we’re looking for Signalites that fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are pretty nice, too. You understand that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours as an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what is asked of you, and live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume and portfolio to me, Erin, via the link below. The company and team we’re building is important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our team. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet qualifications and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is the first and only Customer Identity Solution for the enterprise. Signal’s platform offers an independent identity solution for brands that transforms the customer experience by connecting an always-active profile to customer engagements across all human, physical, and digital touchpoints.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of the fastest growing companies on the 2015, 2016, & 2017 Inc. 500 lists. Visit www.signal.co to learn more and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.