Instructional Designer at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Instructional Designer will apply adult learning principles to analyze, design, develop, implement, evaluate, and maintain high quality training content for eLearning programs, instructor led content, virtual classroom design, tool kits, study guides, and performance support aids using standardized instructional design methodology. The Instructional Designer collaborates with business partners and key stakeholders to conduct a learning needs assessment to identify learning gaps and opportunities. The Instructional Designer recommends and creates highly-engaging learning experiences for both internal and external clients and works with subject matter experts to develop learning content. The Instructional Designer is also responsible for developing learning assessments and training evaluations and ability to analyze results. The Instructional Designer will participate in professional development activities and will also play an active role in coaching and mentoring fellow designers and team members.
Reports To: Manager, Interactive Learning & Design Learning
- Consult with business partners, and stakeholders to perform training needs analysis.
- Collaborate with SMEs to gather and analyze relevant content and to clarify learning objectives.
- Partner with Learning Design Manager to determine and recommend the proper approach to design, develop, and implement learning deliverables.
- Plan, organize and create training materials, programs and/or curricula to meet specific business objectives.
- Recommend and create learning activities that are congruent with learning objectives.
- Determine project goals/milestones based on identified business needs/timelines and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Execute the development and implementation of learning programs and deliverables such as instructor led, eLearning, blended, or other media by using various software applications considering audience, business needs, and requirements.
- Develop innovative approaches that incorporate industry trends and best practices.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of appropriate tools and resources used to develop training content including MS Word, Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, SnagIt, etc.
- Administer learning assessments and training evaluations and gather results.
- Develop tools/resources for evaluating/measuring post-training learning effectiveness (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups, observations checklists).
- Gather, review, and create summaries of the training evaluations.
- Make recommendations on enhancements to learning programs and training deliverables based on results of the evaluation.
- Ensure all materials are consistent and aligned with learning and development guidelines and established standards.
- Write scripts and talking points for eLearning modules and videos.
- Write supporting materials for learning activities such as agendas, schedules, quick reference guides, FAQs, handouts, job aids, trainer and participant guides.
- Incorporate graphics, video, or photography to support course development.
- Responsible for technical quality and function of all courses.
- Can manage complex training projects
- Participates in cross-training/skill building activities on team and within the department.
- Actively coaches and develops members of the team and department. Facilitates cross-training and skill building sessions.
- Additional duties as assigned
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Communications, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience developing eLearning projects, or related experience
- Computer skills required including strong aptitude with web-based applications and expertise in MS Office programs required
- Proficiency in utilizing eLearning authoring tools •Knowledge of latest technology in eLearning, Webinars, social media, etc.
- Knowledge of training and development practices and methods including needs assessment and instruction design for instructor led, virtual, online, and blended training
- Knowledge of learning theories and principles including adult learning theory
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a creative team
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Communications, or related field preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline preferred
- Experience with Adobe Create Cloud preferred
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
If you are a Colorado resident, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon your request. You may contact [email protected] for assistance.