At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
This is a 3-6 Month Full-time Contract Opportunity with some onsite work required in our Schaumburg, IL Headquarters.
The Instructional Designer will be responsible for coordinating and designing, developing and delivering intuitive, engaging and impactful learning materials, across a variety of learning mediums. The Instructional Designer is expected to be highly creative and innovative to imagine and create training initiatives, which may include videos, games, job aids, leader guides, ILT materials, PowerPoint presentations and e-learning deliverables.
- Collaborates with other designers and developers to drive all phases of the learning framework (analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation), to think creatively to produce and recommend new concepts and ideas
- Project manages training projects and ensure we deliver high quality deliverables that address the training need
- Participate in the needs assessment and training analysis with functional and technical subject matter experts to translate knowledge and processes into course content that support skills training and knowledge application
- Engage Subject Matter Experts to ensure relevant learning. Adequately scope, communicate, and plan for SME involvement to ensure accurate content design.
- Employ a rapid-development approach to instructional design
- Ensure training is innovative, engaging and on the cutting edge of training technology.
- Participate in quality assurance oversight related to all education deliverables.
- Collaborate with learning manager(s) and instructional designers to formulate learning strategies, programs, and the associated learning materials, multimedia, and job aids
- Collaborate with Media, Communications and Marketing to follow company branding guidelines when implementing training
- Ensure all content produced by the Learning and Development team adheres to Learning and Development team style guide.
- Regularly review training programs and materials to ensure they meet the business needs and design/competency standards that are set forth by management
Education and Experience
- Prior Instructional Design experience of 5-7+ years
- Master’s in Instructional Design preferred; Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or other relevant discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete stretch assignments
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects
- Advanced knowledge of training theories, models, methods and the applies in both principal and practice
- Experience with the creation and delivery of distance learning (remote session presentation, e-learning at advanced level)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient working with various assessment types and systems
- Knowledge of current trends in education and online learning
- Strong interpersonal skills creating successful communication connections across various levels, including with executive management
- Be experienced in all aspects of instructional design using either SAM or ADDIE model.
- Expertise with Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Create Cloud preferred
- Creating and implementing Compliance-Related Training, preferred
- Prior payroll experience preferred
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.