About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
As a Grubhub Instructional Designer, you will create and deliver strategic learning solutions that align to the business’ strategy, close performance gaps and appeal to a diverse group of learners, including remote learners. Through your in-depth understanding of the Grubhub business, you will prepare and support employees in their growth and development. You will demonstrate each of the Grubhub core values through your own conduct and work product.
- Create effective learning experiences that leverage a variety of mediums to engage employees at all stages of development.
- Design experiences that are accessible and effective for in-person and remote learners, and offer scalable solution to support Grubhub’s growth.
- Build and deliver onboarding programs that equip new hires with the tools they need to be successful at Grubhub.
- Analyze and measure the success of your training solutions.
- Work with subject matter experts, business leaders and key stakeholders from across the organization to identify training needs.
- Provide in the moment feedback and coaching that enhances the learners experience and offers real time performance improvement.
- Ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts (SMEs) and key stakeholders to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
You Should Have
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Learning & Development, Organizational Development, Communications, Education or relevant field.
- 3-5 years of experience, with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience in all areas of the instructional design process, with an emphasis on analysis and content design.
- Knowledge of instructional design models and adult learning principles with the ability to apply to business scenarios.
- Demonstrated experience with course development software and maintaining a Learning Management System.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Ability to produce online learning content in various forms of multimedia, including video, SCORM, etc.
- Passionate about learning and utilizing new technologies and up-to-date learning theories to deliver effective and dynamic training.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects effectively and accurately
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Thrives in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.