Instructional Designer at Enova
How do you like to make an impact?
Think back to your last job. Were you able to run with projects from start to finish, to truly choose each next step? Enova managers empower you to make your own decisions and drive your work. That could mean anything from taking the lead on the development of a new online curriculum, to determining how to best restructure the functions intranet page. When we talk to our team members, they tell us their managers trust them to get the job done. Where else can your voice be heard Day One? We want you to make your mark. This is the core of Enova.
About the Role:
As a member of the Talent Development “Learning Architecture” team, you’ll partner with team members and stakeholders to create Enova’s next generation of learning. You will plan and execute projects with precision and organization, using a consultative and agile approach to deliver high-quality, on-demand learning solutions. You will review traditional classroom learning and convert it into more modern, blended solutions. You will elevate our digital learning resources to best in class, ensuring that they are designed for the learner or user in mind based on a keen understanding of how they work. Your role will be a critical part in transforming the way Enova learns, accesses, and experiences learning.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ensure that our website represent and maintain quality technical writing standards
- Apply instructional design and adult learning theory to new courses
- Use web-based, instructional technologies to create learning solutions (i.e. Articulate, Captivate, Adobe, Lectora, html, etc.)
- Create rich, digital content that applies the best in class UX/UI standards
- Manage Enova’s on-demand catalog and related audit process
- Evaluate and monitor quality standards of Enova’s web-based learning solutions
We get excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design or Learning Science or related experience in learning, design, technical writing, and relevant work
- 3-5 years of experience in related field, as instructional designer or technical writer
- Consultant or contract level experience preferred
- Exceptional project management skills and experience; agile preferred
- Experience capturing and executing on client based business requirements
- Experience creating learning resources such as, but not limited to, user manuals, web pages, eLearning, job aids, etc.
About the People Team
Most companies call this team the HR Department. We don’t like that name because we don’t think of Enovaians as ‘resources’; they’re people first and foremost. Our People Team is made up of 30+ ‘People People’ who are focused on making Enova an awesome place to work. That means the Recruiting team is obsessed with identifying top-notch talent to bring onboard, and our Compensation and Benefits team is tirelessly working to make sure Enova’s offerings are competitive and exciting. It means Talent Development is seen as a valuable resource for new and current employees to grow their skills, and People Resources is partnered closely with leaders to develop their people strategy. It means our PeopleTech team tackles any behind the scenes processes that makes sure things run smoothly for employees. Basically, it means we hustle to make sure Enova is a great place to spend 40ish hours a week.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.