Jr. Visual Designer at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
Visual Designers are responsible for developing compelling content and creative assets for our online and offline communication channels including web content, email, direct mail, in-tote flyers, landing pages, etc. Our visual designers work with teams across many functions - software & web development, UI/UX, Marketing, Peapod Interactive, Merchandising - to create visually stunning and persuasive materials tosupport the broader business goals.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Effectively collaborate with key stakeholders to translate user needs and business goals into actionable designs and engaging content.
- Plan, design and execute concepts for promotions and campaigns to be used throughout the website and in offline channels as required.
- Brainstorm and develop concepts for larger campaign initiatives. –
- Recommend and implement updates to the design style guide to ensure delivery of consistent, on-brand design principles across all channels and categories. –
- Maintain JIRA system expertise, providing guidance to other business users as needed
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or equivalent
- Professional-level design software proficiency (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.); Basic understanding of web design tools including HTML, DHTML, CSS/CSSX, Flash
- 2-4 years in design in a professional setting, with a preference for experience in online design; Experience in creating visual design for Websites and Web applications; Experience with content management systems a plus.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Highly collaborative and welcomes constructive criticism
- ability to take feedback and find ways to improve on design execution - Strong interpersonal skills – open, friendly and supportive attitude
- Culturally aware and shows interest in continually developing design skills to stay abreast of relevant trends
- Works well in a fast paced environment
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.