Junior Designer, Brand at Kalderos
At Kalderos, we are building unifying technologies that bring transparency, trust, and equity to the entire healthcare community. We are on a mission to solve systemic problems of the healthcare system, redefining how the business of healthcare performs. We measure our success when we can empower all of healthcare to focus more on improving the health of people.
We’re looking for a Junior Brand Designer to join our growing team of human-centered designers and developers at Kalderos. The Kalderos team is charged with disrupting some of the most complicated systems within healthcare while providing solutions and experiences that are simple, elegant and delightful.
As a Junior Brand Designer, you will play a key role in building Kalderos' visual identity system and institutional storytelling. You will be a contributing member of the brand design team and bring definition and consistency to the Kalderos brand and scale design excellence across our company. You will also work with interdisciplinary teams of researchers, designers, developers, and commercialization specialists to solve existing problems and explore and define entirely new opportunities for Kalderos. This position reports to the Director or Design.
What you’ll bring:
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong process and compelling solutions
- Experience in contributing to the building of exceptional brand identity systems
- Delivery of compelling solutions through typography, design, illustration, and photography
- Experience in communication of brand guidelines and adherence to standards across print, web and all other company applications
- Experience collaborating with writers, user experience designers, and creative technologists to develop concepts
- The ability to balance aesthetics and usability of designs
- The ability to be hands-on, collaborative, self-motivated, curious, and humble in your daily tasks
Set yourself apart:
- Entrepreneurial experience in a small business or startup
- Experience working on large-scale digital projects (websites, apps)
- Examples of using visual communication in the service of advancing strategic business initiatives
- Exceptional illustration skills
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Wordpress, Email Automation tools and After Effects
- Experience in the creation and application of design systems
- 1-3 years design experience, preferably in a branding agency or design studio
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design or similar design-related experience
- Excellent presentation, communication, and organization skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Figma and InVision
- Skills in areas of user research and analysis, user journeys, ideation, sketching, prototyping, and concept validation
If you think you meet some of the list of the above, but not everything, that’s perfectly fine! We encourage you to apply regardless. At Kalderos, we know talent comes in many forms and we’re willing to look beyond a set of rigid criteria to find the right teammate.
- 401K plan with matching
- Healthcare benefits
- Flexible schedule and a fair PTO system that allows for a healthy work-life balance
- Opportunity to work on new technologies and learn new skills
- Celebration, and education stipends
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/culture
Kalderos is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kalderos has decided to protect our current and future employees by shifting to an entirely remote workforce. We will continue to operate, interview, onboard, and work remotely. Please be aware that some of our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.