Junior Visual Designer
We’re looking for a creative, resourceful and detail-oriented Junior Visual Designer who is passionate about product design, branding and user experience.
As part of the product team at Brad’s Deals, you will help produce pixel-perfect designs for our suite of products. You’ll also be responsible for creating engaging marketing materials, ads and email campaigns with other teams throughout the company. Under the direction of the Senior Visual Designer, you’ll be an integral part in helping to build our brand and create consistent and high quality visual designs for Brad’s Deals.
(Note: this is a full-time onsite position in Chicago)
- Develop visual concepts and solutions based off of prototypes and wireframes
- Help develop and roll-out new branded concepts
- Align product and marketing designs with business goals and objectives
- With the user experience top-of-mind, provide responsive web designs, direction and specs to development
- Create assets to support seasonal marketing campaigns
- Carefully curate stock photography and creative illustrations that are inline with Brad’s Deals branding
- Work with stakeholders to refine designs based on performance and key insights
- Edit existing and create new email marketing assets that adhere to industry best practices
- Effectively communicate concepts, rationale and ideas to team members and stakeholders
- Edit and refine sales deck material
- Conduct detailed QA of work prior to production
- Consult with team members and stakeholders to evaluate project needs and prioritize tasks.
- Strong portfolio showcasing 5+ recent projects
- BFA in Graphic Design, Visual Design, or related field
- 2-3 years of corporate or agency experience
- Proficiency with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, After Effects a plus
- Strong conceptual skills
- Strong typography and layout skills
- Knowledge of web design and front-end development practices, HTML and CSS a plus
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Animation experience a plus
- Social media knowledge: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Must be able to communicate concepts and ideas to team members and stakeholders
- Highly resourceful, and work under pressure with tight deadlines
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven deal site with over 5m monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.