Kin Accelerator Program - Junior User Experience Designer at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is seeking a Junior User Experience Designer to join our incoming Kin Accelerator Program. This Junior User Experience Designer will complete a curriculum designed to prepare them for work with our clients. Upon completion of the curriculum, this Junior User Experience Designer will help us design amazing experiences for our Fortune 500 clients and their customers. Successful candidates will be self-motivated and hardworking with strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize. We will have multiple openings for the upcoming Kin Accelerator Class starting November 2021.
Kin Accelerator is a curriculum designed for new college graduates looking to start a career in digital technology consulting. The Junior User Experience Designer curriculum is split into 3 tracks:
Core Curriculum: This discipline-agnostic track, covering agile best practices, customer experience driven design, consulting 101, and other core knowledge areas, will introduce students to working in digital product consulting and put students on track for a successful career at Kin + Carta.
UX Design Curriculum: These courses upskill Junior UX Designers in their role delivering digital products with agile delivery teams, touching on topics like Kin + Carta Design best practices, Working WIth Product, UX Research, Presenting Wireframes and Comps, Modern Interaction Design, and more. Content in this track will be specific to the responsibilities of UX Designer (UX Design and UX Research).
Practical Experience: With support from senior leaders in digital product consulting, the Junior User Experience Designer will join teams working with one of Kin + Carta’s top clients, applying what they learned during the Core and Practice-specific curriculums to deliver value on a real project.
- Consulting with Fortune 500 clients
- Leverage UX research insights
- Communicate your ideas to clients and teammates visually
- Design concepts and wireframes for interactions
- Understand and organize complex sets of requirements
- Promote modern interaction design patterns and best practices
- Work with cross-functional teams to build and test your digital experiences
- Coach teammates and clients on their understanding and implementation of design practices
- Collaborate with experts in design, research, software engineering, quality assurance, technical architecture, and product strategy
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- A bachelor’s degree in art, design, or equivalent experience in a related field
- Demonstrated excellence in interactive design, information architecture, and translating research into design decisions
- Able to manage your own time on single or multiple projects, whether working independently or collaboratively with a team
- Confident in presenting work and articulating user experience issues and concerns to team members and stakeholders
- Empathetic with the business and client when constraints are present
- A portfolio of work proving your visual design ability with platform guidelines (iOS, Android) and responsive web design
- Proficient in design tools such as Sketch and Adobe products and prototyping tools such as InVision and Proto.io
- Experienced in Agile, lean, or other iterative product development approaches (design sprints, scrum, kanban)
- 2+ years of experience (inclusive of internships and upper level college courses)
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.