Lead Designer at Civis Analytics
What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
We are currently seeking a Lead Designer who will ensure that great design is a primary consideration in our product development and marketing. As a direct report to the CTO, you’ll manage a team of designers who work cross-functionally with engineers, data scientists, marketers, and product managers. You’ll be welcomed by coworkers who focus on impacting clients and who will value your ability to shape how we present ourselves through great software interfaces and their overall experience with Civis. Your ability to communicate design across the organization will be key as you and your team accomplish your goals.
Build user experiences that make complex business tasks intuitive...
As a working manager, you will conduct user research, build wireframes and prototypes, and collaborate with engineers and data scientists throughout the development process. You'll be working on a variety of design challenges and will be critical during early-stage research, ideation, implementation, and iteration. Your team will design for technical users as well as business decision-makers across multiple product areas. At Civis, you will get to help shape the future of big data and work with wicked smart and passionate people. You’ll drive constant innovation and interactions that make a business impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, a related subject, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to make a case for design with product leaders, engineers, and management
- Experience in applying user-centered design to enterprise business-to-business software products
- 5+ years of professional work experience with 2 years leading a team
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of designers
- Proven track record in setting design standards adopted by a range of products.
- Strong proficiency with design-related software, such as Sketch and Invision
- Experience designing and conducting user studies and usability testing
- Experience leading rapid prototyping exercises
- Experience with usability testing
- Strong visual concept ideation and storytelling
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- A portfolio of representative work demonstrating the above skills
- Conversant in front-end technologies: CSS and HTML
- Previous experience bringing a new software product to market
- Interest/experience in data visualization
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW