Lead Digital Experience Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for working with internal business partners and external design agencies to create the best digital user experiences for Discover’s mobile app and web platforms. Utilizes qualitative and quantitative research to ensure the correct issues are solved and to deliver a new or improved digital experience that meets users’ needs. The ideal candidate will have a passion for user-centered design, experience managing UX design project, and ability to provide strategic insight to drive business results.
- Develops and/or improves customer user experiences at various points of our customer lifecycle.
- Leads user experience design projects to ensure cohesive user experiences throughout customers’ journeys.
- Leads the creation of prototypes, user research, and the translation of research and business requirements into user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity user interface mockups.
- Partners with brand partners to create software experiences based within our brand guidelines.
- Partners with frontend and backend developers to translate interactive prototypes into code. Creates responsive designs that work everywhere.
- Monitors the competitive landscape to understand customer expectations and to spot opportunities for innovation.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in User Experience, Graphic Design, Web or Interface Design, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in User Design across a diverse client portfolio and media, including print, digital, online video, and social/content. or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in User Experience, Graphic Design, Web or Interface Design, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 1+ years of experience in credit card/financial services, advertising agency, project management, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.