Lead Product Designer at Collective Health
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Collective Health’s mission is to transform people’s healthcare experience from confusing and complicated to empowering and trustworthy. We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help plan, define and design various areas of our award-winning products. You’ll contribute to the development of new visual components and interaction patterns at a systems level and build prototypes that enable you and your team to communicate the product vision. You’ll help your team communicate with stakeholders through both written and visual storytelling. Through collaborating with your scrum teams and working side by side with engineers - you’ll contribute to the development of a best in class product experience.Your responsibilities:
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team on imagining what a premium experience looks and feels like and translating that into viable design solutions.
- Craft, test and iterate on designs until the most optimal, intuitive and elegant solution is identified.
- Work with engineers, product managers and designers to ensure we design and ship high quality solutions.
- Participate in research and usability studies and apply findings to your design decisions.
- A desire to have a large impact
- An eye for detail, obsession with craft and openness to learning
- Ability to design and clearly document your designs as needed for communication and implementation purposes
- Experience helping a team define an overall plan and approach for an ambiguous project.
- Ability to understand user flows and participate in mapping them out using whiteboards, flow charts, wireframes or other visual diagrams and maps.
- Curiosity about how data can inform your design process
- A good basic understanding of grid systems, composition, typography and color
- Knowledge of user testing tools, how to document findings and work with team members to translate knowledge into actionable insights
- 5+ years professional experience designing user friendly products for web and mobile
To apply we require a strong portfolio that showcases your breadth and depth of experience. Please supply either a link or upload directly.
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]
Please note that Collective Health requires all employees to verify receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination or to apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement based on medical need, a sincerely held religious belief, or a local legal exemption. Candidates are not required to furnish such a verification or to seek an exemption from the verification requirement during the application process but would be asked to do so if they accept an offer.