LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company on a mission.
We believe easy-to-use, flexible technology can alter the trajectory of an organization and improve the lives of its employees. It’s this very spirit that drives us to build and deliver a SaaS platform that brings unprecedented clarity, collaboration, and accountability to our clients’ governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) processes. Join our fast-growing, passionate team of innovators as we continue to disrupt the multi-billion-dollar GRC industry.
As the first member and leader of the LogicGate’s Design team you will help drive LogicGate’s design discipline, working with cross-functional teams charged with developing a world-class GRC solution. You will be in charge of building design processes at LogicGate to ensure the scalability of the design department. Exciting design challenges will confront you daily as you develop robust features that will impact all our customers worldwide. You will be working from the beginning to the end of product building, from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations on a smaller scale.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Continually improve how we design and build products at LogicGate and set the design team up for success by establishing processes that scale
- Optimize the LogicGate user experience through the use of user research and testing, as well as your knowledge of design patterns and best practices
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to define problems, establish a design system, build alignment, and create and ship high quality interfaces
- Help prioritize, plan, and implement design improvements that will enhance our customer’s experience of the LogicGate platform
- Grow LogicGate’s design team by leading recruiting efforts and represent us in ways like writing for our blog, community building, and outreach
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to build software products that customers love
- Experience managing product designers, with a passion for enabling the success of others and supporting their growth
- A working knowledge of the full stack of product design, from systems thinking to visual design. You don't need to be a specialist in everything, but you should be able to have informed, intelligent conversations
- Ability to build a vision and lead change within a product development organization
- Ability to create polished high-fidelity + low-fidelity prototypes of your designs using Sketch, Figma, or a tool you are most comfortable in
- A portfolio to showcase your design process and thinking
At LogicGate, every member of our team moves the needle. With a firm footing in our core company values, we’ve built a fast-paced, demanding work culture that allows for the flexibility, autonomy, and career opportunities you’d expect from a growing company.
We offer competitive benefits including:
- Ownership in the company through stock options
- Comprehensive healthcare & dental plans
- 401(k) Match Program
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Weekly catered lunches
- Open-concept office space featured in ChicagoInno’s Office Envy Series
- Mother’s room, standing desks, company keg
- The chance to make an immediate impact and do the best work of your life
LOGICGATE’S CORE VALUES
- Own It - Be self-driven, entrepreneurial, and efficient
- Raise the Bar - Challenge complacency and mediocrity; be adaptable and agile; details matter
- Be As One - Trust, collaborate, and support; invest in co-workers and clients
- Embrace Curiosity - Always be learning, be curious and share; be humbled but not embarrassed by mistakes
- Do the Right Thing - Act with integrity, even when no one is looking; be transparent
- Empower Clients - Create solutions where customers win
At LogicGate, we value diversity of culture and background for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. LogicGate is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Different makes us better.
This position is open to applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.
Read Full Job Description