Lead Product Researcher at Collective Health
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
We are seeking a Lead Researcher who has worked on digital experiences and specializes in developing actionable insights that drive impact on products to successfully deliver on business and customer needs. The UX Research team is part of Collective Health’s Design team. UX Researchers are dedicated to product areas and collaborate directly with product, engineering, and designers to drive evidence-based design to deliver products and experiences that fulfill user needs. In addition to conducting primary research, we also collaborate closely with our CX Insights team to incorporate quantitative data into insights and empower other team members (engineers, product managers, designers, operations, etc.) to learn and apply research skills to global problems. You will play a critical role in shaping how we build research as a core competency across Collective Health and define how we put customers first when conducting research.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a seasoned UX Researcher who is interested in building and applying their craft. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.What you'll do:
- Plan and lead critical research efforts from start to finish and conduct complex multi-phase, mixed-method studies that deepen our understanding of the user experience and drive product strategy
- Provide guidance and mentorship to our mid-level UX Researcher
- Use your judgment to identify the best research method for a given problem and determine a realistic scope based on the project goals and timeline
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to business leads, product managers, designers, and engineers to define both the long-term strategy and short-term tactics for our products by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights
- Prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights
- Enable other Collective Health teams to learn and apply research skills by building research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower them to conduct tactical research
- Partner closely with other UX Researchers and Design team members to build out Collective Health’s research practice and infrastructure
- Partner with CX Insights to disseminate actionable insights that are well-reasoned and presented with a high degree of quality that enhance Collective Health’s understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities that product teams can take action on
- Identify appropriate research candidates, recruit them, and conduct studies
- Manage research tool vendors and continually evolve our methodologies and processes to ensure best-in-class practices
- Demonstrated ability in identifying approaches and methodologies best suited to the project at hand and its intended outcomes
- Detail-oriented when it comes to planning and crafting tools and documentation of final outcome of your work
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with cross-functional teams and generate buy-in on plans, approaches and project goals
- Ability to take a systems level approach with strong prioritization skills and ability to ‘see the forest through the trees'
- Strong visual and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to balance a need for speed and DIY spirit with rigor and commitment to craft
- Minimum 8 years relevant user research experience working on digital experiences and specialize in generating actionable insights that drive impact; with a plus if your work includes B2B or enterprise products
- Experience conducting research in complex domains (eg: regulated industries, fintech, healthcare, etc.) with a fair amount of ambiguity
- You’ve built or scaled research platforms, systems, or programs at your workplace
- Experience bringing non-design partners along in the UX research journey
- Experience blending and correlating qualitative and quantitative data
- Desire to do hands-on research on an early-stage team, from planning and recruiting to analysis and insights delivery
- A growth mindset with the ability to adapt and improve the way we work as the company grows and evolves
A portfolio of your recent work is required to apply. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]