Lead User Experience Designer at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. As one of the key strategic pillars, Kin + Carta Connect is a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.Overview
As a Lead UX Designer, you are a talented and driven designer who partners with technology to make aesthetically beautiful, ground-breaking work that solves actual problems. You’re ready for hands-on projects at every stage of the lifecycle, from brainstorming creative concepts with the project team and developing original campaigns, to participating in client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met, all the way to launch.Responsibilities
- Designs and architects key parts of an UX solution.
- Effectively troubleshoots and analyzes experience challenges with minimal support and direction.
- Inputs to shape the project strategy at the start of the engagement
- Conducts research based on the UX strategy and support junior team members
- Is aware of all appropriate resources for research
- Efficiently delivers segmentation profiles & representative personas
- Supports more junior team members in delivery of profiles / personas
- Defines and details Information Architecture and Experience Journeys based on insights with little support and is able to define and deliver the relevant documentation styles with little support
- Able to build the required fidelity of prototype
- Outlines specs for all projects
- Ability to drive and deliver workshops with senior support
- Able to lead on testing / interviews with little support from senior team members
- Able to use analytics to support decisions the UX process
- Able to understand client KPIs and how the relate to data
- Help to identify key user journeys and where to implement tracking
- Understand what optimization is and be able to communicate it internally and with Connect clients
- Communicate with other optimization teams to help deliver ESD process with projects
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years’ experience in Experience Design, including Content and Commerce experience design and development
- Applied understanding of ESD principles, best practices and approaches for creating multi-channel digital experiences.
- Experience working in a variety of project delivery models including: agile, hybrid, waterfall
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of experience design including UX, UI, interaction
- Displayed understanding of Figma, Sketch, Invision, and has the ability to drive the creation of quick prototypes
- Has strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to express and articulate concepts and work in presentation decks
- A balance between strategic thinking with a keen sense of aesthetics
- Has a flexible approach to problem solving and a true passion for innovation
- Knowledge in motion design
- Can inspire a team of junior Experience and Visual Designers
- Has client management and engagement experience
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Proactive and willingness to learn, develop and adapt
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.