Lead User Experience Designer
Since 2002, our data teams have wrung every bit of information they can from our clients’ data in order to give them the insight they need to make a real difference to their business.
Our expertise in delivering highly complex data decisions based on our algorithmic and data capability. While this has been a core strength of ours since our inception, we have recently started investing in the look, feel and interaction our clients experience when using our products.
With our expansion into the USA, we are growing our capability. With increasing numbers of product and consulting engagements across the country, we are looking to build a US based UX team. We need a lead for this, we’re hoping that’s you!
What is it I’ll be working on?
After a month’s immersion in Quantium UX here in Australia (yes, we will fly you over here and train you in all things Quantium. This role will initially be based in Bentonville, AK, working on creating a world leading User Experience for our first ever Big Data product for our client (you can probably work out who from the location!). You will be leading a team of three Quantium UX (Research and Design) as well as our relationship with our client onsite. We’re more than happy to move you there for 6 months, or pay for you to fly in and out on a weekly basis (Monday-Thursday) from our US office in Chicago.
After this engagement, you may either be extended in place or rotated onto a new project, either in Chicago or elsewhere in the US (or even Internationally).
Who can I expect to work with?
We work in multi-discipline teams so you’ll be working alongside Data Scientists, Analysts, Testers and platform engineers, depending on the project.
You will also get to work with our clients and lead the US UX team.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
Firstly, you can be anybody, from any walk of life. Before we get to your skills we want you to know that we actively try to foster an environment where all our employees feel safe, welcomed and celebrated. We look for the same in all people we hire.
We are looking for a User Experience leader, who is comfortable managing small teams and customer engagements. You will not be a design purist, but happy to work across all aspects of a user’s experience with our products: from research, to final customer approvals. You will be comfortable in asking uncomfortable questions, presenting your views as a subject matter expert and happy to listen to the same.
Also, flexibility in travel. We are in the initial growth phase in our US expansion. We have clients in San Francisco, Chicago, Arkansas and potential clients across the country, as well as internationally. This is a true consulting opportunity, working on custom assignments as well as large, complex, SaaS data products across the US as well as internationally.
Do you have a bullet point checklist for me to check off my suitability?
We know people are not bullet points but sure thing!
- 5+ years of experience in end to end Product UX design experience on large scale applications, ideally within an in-house, customer centric, corporate environment
- Experience working with Figma, FramerX, D3.JS and Tableau etc. to create data visualisation solutions for rapid prototyping, validating and testing ideas.
- Strong visual design background or a natural flair for creating high quality visual design
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to independently lead stakeholder meetings, workshops, feedback sessions etc
- Genuine passion in collaborating with other designers, writers, marketing professionals, and others to guide our product design forward
- True passion for staying on top of industry trends and continuous growth with the desire and ability to quickly pick up new tools.
What does Success look like?
After 3 months
- Understand the history and fundamentals of Quantium’s products and culture
- Have met and built positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Delivering on product UX design briefs
- Lead and manage small group of UX Designers and support them through day to day activities
- Deliver design materials, high fidelity prototypes and interaction design, and relevant design documentations to communicate design materials with dev team and other stakeholders.
After 6 months
- Able to competently perform and deliver in all aspects of the role
- Proactively setting and working towards professional development goals with manager
- Own part of Quantium Design System
- Active contributor to our guidelines and workflow materials
- Trained Junior UX Designers in the team
After 12 months
- Have developed a deep expertise in a particular area of specialisation
- Expert knowledge of all tools
- Expert knowledge of Data Visualisation, Typography, Grids, Layouts, Design System implementation, DesignOps, Accessibility, User Centre design process, Product analytics and how to use them for experience design and improvement to the product.
- Worked and trained associate designers in the team and helped them to build up necessary skills and confidence in the team.
Ok, the work sounds great, but what’s in it for me?
Quantium takes care of its biggest asset – our people. We believe there is more to a successful career than just hard work. To this end we provide a range of personal and professional benefitss:
Our exceptional growth means new and exciting career opportunities at Quantium. New clients, new projects or new roles – our growth plans power bigger and better career possibilities for our people.
We work hard but we don’t take ourselves too seriously – ask anyone who has been on one of our annual trips away! Our people have cited ‘Fun place to work’ as one of the top 5 attributes of working at Quantium. Our world-class offices are fitted out with office games and stocked with food and drink all year round.
We offer a market leading range of financial and insurance benefits and entitlements, matching many of our Australian perks and benefits.
We recognise the need to balance personal and family commitments with your work. At Quantium you have more control over how, when and where you work. We also recognise the importance of holidays and time to recharge so we always do our best to accommodate leave requests.
Quantium understands that family is important. We support the needs and career aspirations of our colleagues with families. From the arrival of a newborn to your child’s Christmas concert, we ensure you have the support to spend the time you need with your family