At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands and retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland.
About the Role
Great products start with a deep understanding of the customers they serve. We are looking for a UX Research Lead to champion customer research at ShopRunner. This role has two parts: first, to collaborate directly with product, engineering, and design to improve our core membership experience, and second, to mentor and enable our product designers and product managers to build their research skills. Your day-to-day will include:
- Designing and conducting research studies to derive meaningful and actionable insights about our customers’ needs, attitudes, behaviors, emotions, pain points and preferences
- Collaborating closely with product managers, designers, engineers and other stakeholders to influence the overall product strategy and roadmap
- Leading cross-functional design-thinking sessions to solve complex customer problems and drive innovation
- Mentoring and coaching product managers and product designers with best practices, frameworks, and tools
- Reviewing and providing feedback on research studies created by product designers and product managers
- Presenting key research findings and recommendations that build customer empathy and inspire a human-centered design culture
This role is a great opportunity for someone who:
- Is comfortable in the early stages of product development, including working through ambiguity to define new and exciting products and features
- Thrives in a startup environment and loves a role with a lot of autonomy
- Has experience teaching and inspiring others to build their own research skills
- Feels confident recommending different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each phase of the product development lifecycle
The skills and experience that will make you successful are:
- 5+ years of UX research experience with digital products
- Track record of influencing the product strategy through user research and evangelizing research insights in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization
- Experience working in a collaborative, agile and data-driven environment
- Familiar with Validately, UserTesting.com or similar tools
- Quantitative research experience is a major plus!
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors or a related field -- or equivalent experience
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.