Manager - Customer Experience, Strategy
Manager - Customer Experience, Strategy
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you're up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is hiring a Manager to join our growing Customer Experience Practice in our Chicago Office.
In this role, the Manager will take on a leadership role within the Strategy offering in our Customer Experience Practice in our Chicago office. The Manager will have significant responsibility in managing the client relationship at the executive levels while providing direction and oversight to project teams. We are seeking candidates with relevant consulting leadership and client development experience. Most importantly, candidates should be passionate about what they do and enjoy a fun, entrepreneurial environment.
* Analyze each client's specific issues and determine the underlying opportunities and risks in order to recommend proper solutions.
* Create value generating solutions for our clients in their market through collaboration with technical and industry vertical teams to provide the highest quality client service.
* Lead engagements by communicating and reporting project status to C-level executives and project stakeholders, including budget, risks, issues, solutions, etc. Deliver results that clearly meet quality objectives and provide value to the client.
* Report project budget and finances both internally and for clients.
* Inspire and energize project teams under your direction. Mentor and manage teams of younger consultants to ensure quality of delivery and to keep projects on time and budget.
* Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion. Ensure strong commitment to client service among all personnel on the team.
* Excellent understanding of clients business needs turning those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals.
* Lead development of proposals, work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for project prospects.
* Significant generation of weekly prospecting/networking activities (events, meetings, phone calls, emails) in the pursuit of new client acquisition and brand awareness.
* Demonstrate strong history of follow on work at clients and referrals of business from existing clients
* Actively build a national professional network
* Actively participate in relevant industry organizations and associations.
* Lead, mentor and grow consultants and actively participate in the performance management process. Motivate high quality performance by personnel supervised through example and constructive feedback.
* Encourage and facilitate an atmosphere of continuous learning.
* Participate actively in the recruiting process for additional practice managers and consultants.
* Entrepreneurial desire and selflessness to give your time, energy, and passion to growing the firm’s culture and our people both inside and outside of office hours.
* A BS degree; ideally with an MBA
* 6+ years of experience designing and delivering customer-centric strategies that build measureable business value by increasing revenues, improving efficiency, driving loyalty, or entering new markets.
* Deep understanding of how digital strategy and solutions fit into an organization’s holistic customer experience; ability to see the “bigger picture”, and execute accordingly
* Strong background and understanding of customer experience tools such as persona development, journey mapping, voice of the customer programs, and CX Measurement
* Knowledge of leading digital platforms in ecommerce, web CMS, measurement, reporting, and marketing automation
* Strong client development and an active professional network of contacts
* Membership and visibility in relevant professional organizations
* Publication in designated area – this is ideal, not required
* Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
* Industry designated certifications is a plus
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
* Ability to travel as required managing national clients and engagement teams.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.