CoinFlip is a leading financial services platform focused on the digital economy. Headquartered in Chicago, CoinFlip operates the world’s largest network of cryptocurrency ATMs by volume and an over-the-counter trading desk, giving the world quick, easy, and secure access to the benefits of cryptocurrency.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list, making it the top-ranked cryptocurrency company in the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s and was awarded the 2021 Silver Stevie ® Award for Customer Service.
With a 5-year growth rate of 1,715,091.9%, the company is looking to quickly expand its current headcount across all departments. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as it plans to add additional business lines, expand internationally, and cement itself as a leading fintech company.
We are looking for a highly talented Graphic Design Manager to tell the CoinFlip brand story through amazing concepts that grab attention, build awareness, attract new customers, and engage our existing users. You will be responsible for the direction and execution of all creative assets while developing and challenging design team members. You are a passionate and consistent brand champion who is a strong collaborative communicator. As we grow a highly-effective and results-driven creative team, we need a strong leader, helping to evangelize our vision and purpose, strategizing and overseeing work that is unique and customer-focused. We have a great brand, you are going to help make it even better and more memorable.
You have a proven track record of success and 10+ years working on a brand-led creative team in the tech space, with 2+ years of direct management experience. You are a pro with the full Adobe Creative Suite. You’ve worked with both B2C and B2B brands. We’d be super impressed if you have HTML/CSS, UI/UX, and/or video editing experience.
- Develop the creative needs of the organization, including the evolution of the organization’s brand identity and visual standards
- Set the creative vision and lead the creation of on-brand content by defining clear design guidelines, goals and deliverables, and providing clear feedback
- Drive collaboration and generate innovative designs and templates for all creative needs, including omnichannel campaigns, product launches, content marketing, social, acquisition, ongoing lifecycle education, sales decks, brochures and website
- Mentor intermediate and junior designer(s) and provide guidance in creating concepts, layouts and final artwork
- Work closely with the marketing leadership to define creative strategy, improve our processes, and drive high-quality execution
- Guide the evolution of the CoinFlip brand as we move into new markets and target new customer profiles
- Develop a point of view on how trends in design, culture, and social media should be capitalized on in our marketing efforts
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of our products and make sure that it is well-represented in the creative work across multiple channels and Prioritize tasks and projects according to business needs
- Work with legal and product marketing to acquire vital approvals
- Administer logo usage and execution of brand standards
- Other duties as assigned
- At least five years of professional experience with design and user experience
- Proficient with leading design tools (Figma or Sketch preferred; Invision, Blender/Cinema 4D a plus)
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or related creative fields; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 5+ years of creative design expertise, preferably in a B2C environment
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- Core graphic design skills, creative flair, problem solving and typography layout skills
- Proven, hands-on experience in generating designs for marketing campaigns and sales enablement assets
- Ability to quickly grasp sophisticated concepts and craft them for multiple audiences
- Self motivated with ability to prioritize and handle competing demands in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and partnership skills
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By applying to this role, you give express consent that CoinFlip may send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role, your application, and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP" to the text message you received. Message and data rates apply. If you require an accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.