MANAGER, UX DESIGN
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Centro is looking for an experienced UX Design Manager to mentor and lead our user experience team. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the experiences we create. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences. You’ll help shape our product, our people, and the way we approach research and design.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Centro, we’ve always been about making people’s lives better—from our employees to our clients. Today, we’re building a unified platform to execute every digital media advertising transaction, thus providing a new level of automation and intelligence in ad tech. This is an enormous task that will disrupt an industry and improve the lives of those who work within it.
To do this, we’re aggressively growing our team of engineers, product developers and designers. We are imaginative, passionate, determined and relentless in our efforts. Of course, we are fascinated by the complexity of engineering problems at this scale—it’s what brings bright minds together. But what keeps us coming back (and why we love coming to work every day) is the chance to improve how work gets done: freeing up people’s time so that they can dream bigger and make life better.
Come build something amazing with us.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX Designers
- Collaborate and help develop a UX Strategy, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time
- Partner with tech leadership to ensure projects are well-defined, have high impact, and are successfully executed
- Work in step with Product Management to ensure that projects and design decisions are aligned with customer and business needs
- Build and maintain strong knowledge of the advertising technology industry
- Collaborate with UI Manager to ensure that designs are user-centered
- Facilitate and provide forums for design critiques, stakeholder reviews, and internal product demos
- 10 years in a User Experience / Product Designer role
- 4 years design management experience
- Experience in advertising technology a bonus
- Proven experience contributing to a large-scale product evolution, from concept to post-launch learnings & enhancements
- Enterprise-level or SaaS design experience
- Experience attracting quality talent
- Big-picture thinker
- Collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.