Marketing Design Manager
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
At ActiveCampaign, product is at our core and drives our business. This includes the design and look of everything we do and say. Our business is scaling rapidly and we’ve created a new role to lead our Marketing Design team.
We believe great design helps our customers solve their problems, accomplish their goals, and brings delight to their everyday lives. We also believe a well-executed design strategy touches every part of the company, from our employee culture deck to our swag to our events.
If you believe the same, we should chat!
What your day could consist of:
- Partner with internal stakeholders on the creation, development, and iteration of design and marketing initiatives
- Recruit, hire, and build a strong team of marketing and communication designers
- Mentor, coach, and guide designers in their work and career path
- Be viewed as a go-to resource and expert in your field
- With the product design team, work to build and foster the style guide and design system to further develop our brand
- Bring a best practice approach as well as a sense of urgency to ensure initiatives are proactively managed and delivered
- Execute projects yourself, as needed, to meet team goals
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative input and data to inform decisions
- Ensure team is meeting deadlines and goals
- Set milestones and timeframes for deliverables
- Lead stand-ups effectively
- Help define design throughout the whole company, contributing at a very high-level
- Work towards elevating the team and the organization when it comes to design and creative thinking and output
- Work closely with the Product Design team to ensure a consistent look and appeal of company design principles and points of views
What is needed:
- 2+ years experience working across multiple projects and teams, leading teams, design, and creative production in a marketing environment
- A history of building diverse teams of excellent designers and design culture or being a proven player/coach
- Experience leading a design vision and strategy, helping designers and peers alike translate this into quality products and design work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including giving feedback and direction
- Ability to facilitate meetings, lead a team, and rally a group to a shared direction and outcome
- Passionate about, and actively involved in the design community
- Front-end development (HTML/CSS) or product management experience is ideal
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description