Marketing Designer at Screencastify
Well, hello there 👋
We're Screencastify, the #1 screen recorder for Chrome. In 2020, Screencastify became K-12’s most used asynchronous video tool with more than 15 million users every week (!!!) recording, editing, and sharing all sorts of amazing videos.Now, we’ve created ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth. Recently, we launched 2 new products: Screencastify Edit and Screencastify Submit, that will propel our company to the next level of success. We’ve set out to transform video in the classroom and make it not just a tool for remote learning, but an integral part of every student’s education.About the role
As our Marketing Designer, you will own and manage the design and visual elements of marketing for the company. This includes design work on the screencastify.com website, artwork, swag, banners, blog posts, slide templates, webinars, videos, ebooks, advertisements, etc.
This role would also co-own the company’s overall brand guidelines and style guide with product, and would own all design elements of marketing and support all design needs across Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Customer Support.Why is this role special?
You get to have a massive impact. As our Marketing Designer, you will help us establish strong company brand guidelines, a visual identity, and style guide that is used company-wide and beyond. Through your work, Screencastify will have a strong and consistent brand that our users can identify with.
You'll tackle a variety of challenges. Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd work with multiple departments — participating in every phase from ideation to implementation.
Work with an extremely talented team. In 2020, our team grew from less than 10 to over 50 employees and we still achieve results similar to companies 5x our headcount.
Join us at a magical time. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and support tens of millions of users, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
As our Marketing Designer, you will...
- Design print/web-based marketing assets that help inform everyday educators, administrators, and professionals (i.e. webinars, slide decks, ebooks, videos, display ads, etc.)
- Partner with our UX Designer to develop a company-wide brand guidelines that span from visual design elements to a web-based style guide.
- Ensure consistent visual identity across web and print materials, including: illustration style, typography, and brand voice.
- Work with the marketing team to transform go-to-market strategies and goals into problem-solving design assets and reusable templates.
- Have 3+ years designing quality print and web assets and have an awesome design portfolio to show for it.
- Eat, breathe and live brand identity and can be an advocate for cross functional consistency.
- Can internalize a brand look/feel and take ownership of building out a system within this design aesthetic.
- Are proficient in visual design, animation, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have basic knowledge of HTML/CSS for web content and UI design implementation. Knowledge of Sketch is a plus!
- Have experience creating brand guidelines, style guides, and visual identity for an entire brand.
- Enjoy creative collaboration, data-driven designs, and you can manage the complexity of each.
Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
401k plan + match. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.