At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 700 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we enter our twelfth year, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged in our platform.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented graphic designer ready to join our marketing team and hit the ground running. The ideal person in this role has a well-rounded design portfolio, is self-motivated, comfortable managing several projects with conflicting priorities and able to find the balance of quality vs. meeting deadlines. This role will be in charge of creating visually stunning and persuasive materials to support the broader business goals. A wide variety of requests will be asked of this role, so we are needing someone with strong design skills in addition to marketing skills such as copywriting, though you will have a good team to support there.
A Successful Candidate Will Have:
- 3+ years of graphic design experience, web design experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design
- Great technical skills in the Adobe Creative Suite — specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Desire to learn and grow knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with brand needs in a growing company a plus
- The ability to effectively collaborate with key stakeholders to translate user needs and business goals into actionable designs and engaging content
- Proficient problem-solving and project management skills
- A drive and desire to take initiative and capable of completing work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to learn and grow - this role will be crucial to the success of our marketing team so a willingness to develop new skills and platforms is important
Your First Month:
- Meet the team. Culture is big at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business and how we can best collaborate and win as a team.
- Work with our Marketing team to understand the current brand standards and where we are hoping to take our brand.
- Jump right in and help update sales collateral for our employer sales team, as well as our merchant sales team.
- Start understanding what we currently do for clients and where we can improve to create a consistent and compelling brand message.
- Take inventory of what materials departments are in need of to hit their goals, as well as materials that need updating due to growth of clients, numbers, and more. Start mapping out a process for this to make sure that our teams are always using up to date communications.
Throughout Your Career Here:
- With the support of the marketing team, own our branding across all channels and departments. That means you’ll have your hands in a little bit of everything: sales collateral, email banners, website content, and landing pages that connect, inspire and engage our audience.
- Be a prolific problem solver. We have multiple projects with unique needs that come through every day. We'll need you to think on your feet and work fast while doing it.
- Help define what people think of when they see PerkSpot. We’re growing fast, and that includes a lot of sales pitches, launching new clients, and building out new products for our users. You’ll be working to make sure we are visually representing it all to effectively communicate with our different audiences.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We are a team of around fifty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers on Fridays where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.