Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has built an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear. In 2019 Reverb was acquired by Etsy. With the added support of one of the largest online marketplaces, we are on a path to becoming the go-to site for musicians everywhere. We’re also doing our part to support small and boutique gear makers, local music shops around the world, and musicians who are losing income due to COVID-19.
The Mobile Product Designer’s primary responsibility is to craft user experiences for our iOS and Android native apps that delight and motivate users to continue engaging with Reverb. We’re looking for a passionate designer ready to understand, support, and evolve our ever-maturing native applications.
We believe in shipping features quickly and safely, and we seek to measure the effectiveness of – and learn from – everything we create. We’re a lean team and always seek to use the right tool for the job, whether that be native code or a web view.
- Using an understanding of our customers, design systems, and brand identity to build compelling interfaces and effective user experiences
- Contributing to the strategic thinking of your team by digging into insights from research and data
- Forming and articulating solutions to customer problems with an understanding of technical constraints and effective UI/UX patterns
- Contributing to collaboration and workshop plans to develop product ideas with cross-functional partners and teams
- Creating and maintaining effective interface patterns and documentation around them
- Learning from and incorporating customer behavior and insights into your work and the work of your team
- Representing Reverb’s design culture at design and product events
- 2+ years of professional (i.e. non-academic) experience in user experience, visual design, and prototyping for consumer mobile products
- An outstanding portfolio illustrating a strong attention to detail, thorough understanding of interface flows, and top-tier interface design for native mobile applications
- Deep understanding of design methods and the ability to effectively utilize those methods for digital products
- High level of skill and experience using tools for interface design and prototyping, such as Sketch, Invision and Figma
- Accustomed to working in a collaborative cross-disciplinary environment, where experimentation and testing are valued
About our compensation and benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.