Mobile UI Designer at OneMain Financial
Our Digital team at OneMain has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a cooperative and inclusive environment with people who value hard work and fresh ideas. If a team member here has an idea for how we can improve our team or processes, we want to hear it.
We are looking for a Mobile UI Designer to contribute to the success of our iOS and Android mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
- Partner closely with Product Managers and Mobile Engineers to take conceptual ideas and turn them into functional and discoverable product features.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas to push the evolution of our product and where it fits into our cross-channel customer journeys
- Be our customer advocate -- talk to them, analyze their behavior, step into their shoes, and help us define and evolve our customer personas
- Design elegant, simple, human-centric flows and experiences as we define new initiatives and iterate on existing features
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, product management, and engineering during weekly reviews and standups
- Use and maintain a design system that delivers a consistent and on-brand experience throughout all of our digital experiences, including the website
Skills and experience you’ll need
- Minimum of 1 year designing mobile applications, ideally both iOS and Android
- Knowledge of mobile app design best practices and trends
- Experience using Sketch (or would like to learn!)
- Experience creating functional prototypes
- Understanding of information hierarchy and typography
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.