New Product Development Associate
Position Title: New Product Development Associate
Reports to: Cindy Nguyen, Head of New Product Development
Collaborates with: New Product Development department, Technology Department, Customer Success Department, Implementation Department, Service Information Department, Analytics Department, potential customers and current users, and various NowPow staff.
Minimum Commitment Length: 2 years
The New Product Development Associate plays an essential role in the development and continuous improvement of NowPow products. The associate participates in all parts of the software development lifecycle from researching customer needs, prototyping, user testing, articulating product positioning, and defining business requirements and acceptance criteria for new functionality. The Associate also assists in researching the competitive landscape, defining product positioning and benefits, and launching new products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with product roadmap and release planning - scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Participate in QA (Quality Assurance) testing to minimize defects and deliver high quality products.
- Collaborate across departments to understand and prioritize production support issues.
- Creatively design UI mockups of new product features and build wireframes to display ideas and logic.
- Imagine and bring to life user personas and product use cases.
- Organize and lead focus groups and one on one user testing to gather insight on consumer challenges and get feedback on new functionality.
- Contribute to design reviews to deliver elegant, intuitive products.
- Assist in developing business requirements for new functionality and communicate requirements to engineers. Work closely with engineers to achieve business requirements.
- Research market competition by comparing the NowPow’s product suite to competitors' functionality.
- Assist in articulating product vision, competitive advantages, and product positioning.
- Demonstrate the product to potential customers and other external stakeholders.
- Assist on special projects, as needed.
- BA required.
- Demonstrates a passion for social entrepreneurship or leveraging technology to address social challenges.
- Creative thinker who enjoys finding new ways to solve problems and meet challenges.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and balance multiple projects within a fast-paced, highly fluid entrepreneurial environment.
- Quick learner who is comfortable navigating ambiguity.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent analytical, organization, and communication skills.
- Bonus: Experience with design thinking and agile software development. Experience with UI/UX design, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, and prototyping tools like inVision.