Principal, Product Design
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We believe design is a part of every product decision and has the ability to have true impact; for our customers & the business. Our design team is close-knit and highly collaborative – combining research, data and critique to inform design decisions that impact and shape products into highly usable and successful experiences.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow Diners to order directly from tens of thousands of takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages. To support these platforms and our business, we are currently seeking a seasoned and highly experienced Principal Designer to provide design oversight across critical company initiatives, including core Diner experiences, and to provide leadership & team mentoring in our New York City office location.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Have oversight and accountability for time & quality commitments for design deliverables
- Be responsible for helping set and shape Grubhub’s design vision and direction
- Support coaching and development of Design Managers and Design Leads
- Serve as a key member of Grubhub’s Design Leadership team
- Help build a high performing and efficient design organization
You Should Have
- 10+ years experience in Design and user experience
- 7+ years experience providing design leadership within cross functional teams
- Demonstrable commitment & engagement in the broader design community
- Strong ability to own the definition, prioritization, resourcing, and execution of strategic efforts for the evolution of diner products
- Strong collaboration skills to ensure seamless partnership between Product Management, User Research, and Engineering Leaders to ensure the delivery of work aligns to the overall company goals
- Superior domain knowledge and expertise in several design competencies and how they relate to business and technology
- Bachelors Degree in Creative or Design related field
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.