Our team is looking for a product designer to collaborate with us to develop an engaging and beautiful experience across web, mobile, and email derived from deep understanding of user context and business goals.
Founded by a physician and a software developer, Flare Health helps patients find the right doctor faster.
We are a health tech startup based in Chicago and NYC. We work with leading hospital systems across the country to connect patients needing specialized care to the right expert physician.
As a company, we value collaboration, openness, seeing things differently and being sensitive to the humanity that connects us. The mission is what gets us up in the morning.
This is an opportunity to work with a thoughtful and passionate team, and with leadership that values and understands the breadth of the design discipline and will provide you with the right conditions to do your best work.
We're looking for people who are:
- Self starters. We’re working in a fast paced environment with a small team. While we’re constantly collaborating on various activities, we need individuals who are self-directed and are able to keep pace with our team with limited direction and oversight.
- Collaborative and multi-disciplinary. We need folks who are open to multi-disciplinary collaboration and are thoughtful and open in facilitating conversations and critiques and responding to feedback.
- People-centered. We put the value and usability of our product above all and are invested in ensuring a seamless, delightful user experience for our customers through iterative testing and development.
- Driven to make an impact in healthcare. Healthcare is messy, and it takes a certain type of person to have both the confidence and the perseverance to attempt to fix things. We’re motivated each day by the potential for impact we’re making in the lives of healthcare providers and patients.
- Excited about working in a start-up environment. For us, this means short timelines, hard work, less than glamorous conditions, and the ability to be a bit scrappy when we need to. We want people who are resourceful, ambitious and comfortable with ambiguity.
We recognize that the paths into a product design career are not fair to everyone due to systemic racial, gender-based, and economic injustice.
We especially encourage applicants whose identities, backgrounds, and life journeys are under-represented in tech, including women, LGBTQ+ people, Black people, Indigenous People, and People of Color. We value reflecting the world we serve and learning from the variety of team members’ experiences.
Work responsibilities include:
- UI and interaction design for web/mobile. We believe UI and interaction design go hand in hand. Working collaboratively with user researchers, design the behaviors and events that compel a user to interact with our product, along with the visual look and feel of the site. Collaborate with developers to effectively implement, and with developers and user research to measure the impact of what we launch for further refinement.
- Prototype development. Create visual representations and basic prototypes of new concept features and interactions for testing.
- Branding. Refine existing brand guidelines and applications to inform the future appearance of our product and the company's online presence.
- Concept development. Work closely with our product team and industry experts to develop and define the future of our platform.
- 3+ years experience in design roles at a tech or healthcare company
- Experience working on designs for web and mobile
- Experience preparing for usability research, and collecting and responding to outputs
- Thoughtful portfolio that demonstrates excellent command of composition, typography, color and fundamental communication
- Technical proficiency with design tools
- Experience and skill in any of the following is a plus: sketching, photography, interactive prototyping tools
We offer a competitive salary and benefits that include company-paid platinum BCBS PPO medical and dental coverage and a retirement plan with company matching.
Due to COVID-19, we are currently operating as a remote company. When it becomes safe to work in an office together again, our plan is to take a remote-first approach to continue to support coworkers that live outside Chicago or New York City.