Product Design Lead
About the Company
Are you a self-starter? Do you want to work where you can make an immediate impact? Civis Analytics is looking for a Product Design Lead to join our team!
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
About the Role
You’ll ensure that great design is a primary consideration in our product development and marketing. As a direct report to the CTO, you’ll manage a team of designers who work cross-functionally with engineers, data scientists, marketers, and product managers in a new category of business solutions. You’ll be welcomed by coworkers who focus on impacting clients and who will value your ability to shape how we present ourselves through great software interfaces and their overall experience with Civis. Your ability to communicate design across the organization will be key as you and your team accomplish your goals.
Build user experiences that make complex business tasks intuitive...
As a working manager, you will conduct user research, build wireframes and prototypes, and collaborate with engineers and data scientists throughout the development process. You'll be working on a variety of design and marketing challenges and will be critical during early stage research, ideation, implementation, and iteration. Your team will design for data scientists as well as business decision-makers across multiple product areas. At Civis, you will get to help shape the future of big data and work with wicked smart and passionate people. You’ll drive constant innovation and interactions that make a business impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, a related subject, or equivalent work experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- 7+ years of professional work experience with 2 years leading a design team
- Experience in applying user-centered design to enterprise business-to-business software products
- Conversant in front-end technologies: CSS and HTML
- Strong proficiency with design-related software, such as Sketch and Invision
- Experience designing and conducting user studies and usability testing
- Experience leading rapid prototyping exercises
- Experience with usability testing
- Strong visual concept ideation and storytelling
- A portfolio of representative work demonstrating the above skills
- Interest/experience in data visualization
- Proven track record in setting design standards adopted by a range of products.
- Experience with design and storytelling for website and marketing collateral
- Ability to make a case for design with product leaders, engineers, and management
- Previous experience bringing a software product to market