Product Design Manager
About The Role
Yello is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to lead a team of designers. Candidates must have strong mentoring and communication skills. You’ll work side-by-side with the product and engineering teams to imagine the future of recruiting. The role combines growing and managing the team with shaping the design strategy.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Manage and develop a team of designers by setting goals, managing projects, allocating time effectively.
- Shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision.
- Set up individuals for success based on their strengths and interests.
- Give feedback and direction for user research, designs, and prototypes done by the design team, driving for a cohesive user experience across all products.
- Partner with product, engineering, marketing to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, consistent, and successfully executed.
- Grow the design team by attracting and hiring new talent.
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of managing or leading a design team.
- 5+ years product design experience (web and/or mobile).
- Design leadership, and the ability to assess team strengths and promote talent.
- A customer-focused design approach with measurable goals for success.
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy and execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A highly collaborative, low ego approach to teamwork.
- A portfolio of work done by you and/or teams you have managed that showcases products that effectively solve a user problem.
- Use research-based insights to spot opportunities for innovation within constraints.
- Oversee the progress and growth of the design and UX team, providing support, design direction and mentorship. Strongly advocate for the design and UX process.
- Help evolve the overall product process, including research, customer outreach, customer feedback loop, and user testing strategies
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time