Product Design Manager
Build the designs that fuel global tradeThe opportunity:
The Flexport Design team designs software for Flexport’s clients, partners, and the operations teams that support them. The Flexport Design Team is seeking an excellent design leader with strong product vision to help elevate the current offering and formulate a compelling, business and research supported roadmap for the future. The individual sets a high bar for quality and knows how to help design teams effectively ship at that quality. While this leader will be chartered with improving a specific product area at Flexport, much collaboration will be required with their Design counterparts responsible for Client, Platform, Services, and Payment aspects of the experience.
- Help formulate the product vision for your product area
- Hire, coach, and mentor excellent designers
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries towards innovation
- Help designers collaborate with their Product, Engineering, Research, Data and Business counterparts
- Be a strong partner to your Product, Engineering, Research, Data and Business peers
- Align team priorities and deliverables to the company’s overall strategic goals
- Collaborate closely with your Design peers at Flexport to ensure we create a consistent and cohesive overall product
- Ensure your team leverages and contributes to the Flexport Design System
- Help evolve our current product design to align with Flexport’s brand in collaboration with the Brand Team
- Help elevate Flexport’s Design community, culture, and processes
You should have:
- Demonstrate long term thinking around strategic and business focused activities
- Will have shipped many successful software products, ideally both desktop and mobile
- 5+ years of professional experience, min of 2 years management experience
- Extensive experience conducting and/or collaborating with user research and data science to leverage their respective insights
- Will have managed and mentored individual contributors or contractors
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership and guide a team towards achieving a common goal
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.