Product Designer - Data Products at Tempus
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, Tempus empowers physicians and researchers to use real world data to make decisions in the clinic and for discovery of novel therapies.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical and research settings. We're looking for designers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
What You'll Do:
As a Product Designer, you will be part of a team responsible for defining the experience of our data delivery, platform, and research products. We're looking for a passionate designer with a deep understanding of the product development process and is capable of executing a design from concept to development. You should be reliable, resilient and an excellent communicator. You are comfortable working closely with developers, product managers, data scientists, etc. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who not only thinks deeply about user needs, but also has an incredible eye for visual design and data visualization. You pay attention to details while still communicating and envisioning the ‘big picture’ of the product. You will research, design and implement new products that require thoughtful consideration and may reach multiple audiences.
- Participate in user-centered design projects with internal stakeholders
- Define and prototype your solutions, iterating quickly with your cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, computational biologists, data scientists, and other designers
- Manage timelines in an agile environment to deliver enterprise-grade products
- Evangelize human-centered design and data visualization best practices across Tempus
We’re looking for:
- 0-2 years of experience
- A portfolio showcasing excellent user experiences OR a willingness to complete a design exercise
- A degree or certificate in HCI, interaction design, or equivalent experience
- A strong emphasis on user-centered design principles
- Comfortable with complex data and technical workflows
- Ability to learn how to balance long-term vision with details and quick iterations
- A willingness to learn how to visualize complex oncology data and the humility to work with experts that will know more about the topic and how the data should be displayed.
- Strong organization and analytical thinking skills, with a track record of turning complex content into user scenarios and stories
- Scrappiness with a bias toward action and sharing ideas early and often
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and to continuously learn
- A personal desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer treatment