Product Designer, Design Systems
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub design is looking for an experienced Product Designer, Design Systems to join the DesignOps team. You will be contributing to the Grubhub design system and helping to shape its evolution, enabling us to support world-class design at scale.
In this role you’ll collaborate with product designers, research and product managers to improve the design and usability of our system components. You’ll also work hands-on with engineers to make decisions about component designs and how they’re represented in code. Working in this role, you’ll empower teams throughout Grubhub to build cohesive and scalable product interfaces in an efficient manner by maintaining design specifications, patterns, and reusable components.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Craft system-level design elements which function across diverse user experiences, from diners to drivers, restaurants and internal users
- Collaborate with a team of talented systems designers to steer the overall direction of Cookbook, Grubhub's Design System
- Thoughtfully contribute to our component documentation and design guidelines
- Work with marketing to ensure consistency with brand look & feel and maintain brand assets (fonts, logos, illustrations, etc.)
- Work with autonomy, initiating design discussions like whiteboarding sessions and participating in design spikes
- Advocate for, and teach other designers, engineers and product managers how to use our design system
- Collaborate closely with engineering & product to unify our visual language, components, and frameworks
- Collaborate with key partners to measure the success of proposed & existing patterns
- Refine & maintain existing tools for designers and developers – research, develop and implement new tooling and practices
- Work to ensure our design system is up-to-date and easy to work with in design and prototyping tools
- Help serve as 'translators' between design and engineering
You Should Have
- At least 3 years of experience working with or designing products using a design system
- A deep understanding of native mobile and responsive design methodologies and patterns
- A portfolio that showcases beautiful craftsmanship, demonstrating competence in the fundamentals of typography, color, iconography, and animation
- A high level of expertise with design tools such as but not limited to Sketch, Principle, Invision & Figma
- Confidence to move projects forward independently, while staying open to feedback
- A technical skill set, with the ability to talk shop and work closely with engineers
- Ability to analyze and use data / user research to inform decisions
- An acute self-awareness and deep empathy - for both the customer and your team’s goals
Got these? Even better!:
- Experience with React
- Working knowledge of GIT and developer workflows
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.