Product Designer (Entry Level) at Tempus
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, Tempus empowers physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for designers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
What You'll Do:
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for defining the experience of our products. We’re looking for a passionate designer to support the physician portal workflow from research through to execution. You will be supporting and collaborating with the lead designer on this project and future endeavors. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who not only thinks deeply about user needs, but also has an incredible eye for visual design.
You should be an excellent communicator and comfortable working closely with developers, product management, data scientists, etc. You are responsible for working hand-in-hand with engineers to explain your designs and work collaboratively to build them. You will support the end-to-end design process including the ability to conduct user research in order to understand our users needs and expectations. It is important to be able to support your design decisions through data and design-thinking.
- Support user-centered design projects with internal and external stakeholders, including physicians
- Define and prototype your solutions, iterating quickly with your cross-functional team of engineers, computational biologists, data scientists, and other designers
- Manage timelines in an agile environment to deliver enterprise-grade product
We’re looking for:
- A portfolio showcasing your experience designing for data products
- 0-3 years of product design experience for web applications
- A degree in HCI, interaction design, or equivalent experience
- A strong emphasis on user-centered design principles, including frequent user testing and contextual inquiry
- A proven track record of shipping products from start to finish in an agile environment
- Ability to balance long-term vision with details and quick iterations
- Strong experience with data visualization and/or background in scientific/medical fields
- Scrappyness with a bias toward action and sharing ideas early and often
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and to continuously learn
- A personal desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer treatment