Product Designer II at Flexport
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, The Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, and operations teams. We are seeking a Product Designer to simplify intricate workflows and surface data in a meaningful and intuitive manner. This individual enjoys complex design challenges and driving clarity from ambiguity. Product Designers are key stakeholders in the product development lifecycle, from collaborating with cross-functional partners and informing the product vision to ensuring pixel-perfect implementation. To be successful, Product Designers must be relentlessly curious, embrace change, think deeply, and communicate clearly. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
As a Product Designer on the Air team you will craft experiences that enable users to facilitate and implement the Air freight shipment’s journey. You will work across a variety of products and user types, both internal and external to Flexport.You will:
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team to create high quality designs, leveraging established processes and guidelines.
- Incorporate Flexport’s design system into your solutions.
- Conduct user research and gather insights with guidance from researchers.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts.
- Present work in a range of fidelities.
- Inform the vision for your product and inspire your team to push the boundaries of UX quality.
- 2+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating successfully launched products. Please include a link and password to your portfolio.
- Ability to clearly articulate your work and rationale.
- Firm understanding and application of user-centered design methods.
- Experience working with product teams in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking.
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction Design, or related field is preferred.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.