Product Designer (MUST have Visual Design exp) at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
About You : You believe design is a verb, not a deliverable. We are looking for a Product Designer experienced in advocating for the user while taking into account both the business and technical constraints. This will require you to both understand the problem you are solving while being mindful of the larger business goals. You know that the constraints of technology are just as important as their promise because it's in the constraints we find our best ideas. Ideally, you're someone who sees the patterns in the chaos and knows how to translate those patterns into tools for the design team. You know when to diverge on design concepts, when to drive consensus through effective storytelling, and how to bring the product teams you work with through all stages of the design process.
The Impact You Will Make
- This role requires a collaborative mindset with product, engineering and design teams. You will need to adapt your communication strategies appropriately in order to advocate for the user
- Turn everything from nebulous concepts to specific ideas into useful, delightful product features
- Design holistic systems, flows and interfaces that are simple, elegant, and beautiful and drive consensus
- Lead high-level project work from a design perspective with autonomy and authority, facilitating design studios and working sessions to help the teams deliver the best possible solutions
- Advocate for our restaurant users with the product, engineering, and design teams
- Draw insights from the work of our talented research team and know how to turn those insights into tangible solutions
- Partner with product, engineering, and the members of the design and research teams to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch
***Please provide in your portfolio work that showcases product design case studies. Submissions without a portfolio that includes examples of your design work will not be considered. ***
What You Bring to the Table
- At least 3 years of practical, in-house product, UI/UX design experience for an e-commerce or B2B facing brand with a focus on complex flows and use cases
- Applied experience with service design practices and a practice of constantly evolving your design process
- Applied experience working across all digital and physical manifestations of what we design - from responsive web to native applications to the next technological leap; mobile (iOS and Android) design experience a bonus
- Knowledge of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution
- A passion for sharing design strategies with fellow designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver a better, more user-centered products
- An acute level of self-awareness and deep empathy - for both the customer and your team's goals
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and explain work with focus and brevity
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don't just care about "how it looks," or "what we should design," but "why are we designing this at all?"
- Drawing skills with an attention to detail a bonus
- Strong aesthetic and conceptual skills to help bring life to the existing GH illustrations and help elevate the visual identity of our brands
- In addition to UX expertise, familiarity of design systems, interaction design / micro-animations and UI design needed
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: G rubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]