Product Designer, Nifty Gateway at Gemini (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Nifty Gateway - Technology
Nifty Gateway is the premier marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or “Nifties” (NFTs) - digital art and collectibles, recorded on the Ethereum blockchain. We release exclusive content from well known artists and brands each week. Major artists we have worked with in the past include Kenny Scharf, Lyle Owerko, Steven Baltay, and Oliver Latta. Our collections usually sell out in minutes & immediately trade up in value on our proprietary peer-to-peer marketplace.
Nifty Gateway is a “startup within a startup” – we’re Gemini employees, and we use some of Gemini’s crypto infrastructure, and work closely cross-functionally together. We also have our own tech stack and unique team culture.
The Role: Product Designer
As a Nifty Gateway Product designer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Nifty Gateway website and mobile app are a top tier experience for our collectors and artists. You will rethink UX flows, put together new designs for our website and mobile app, and design new features, working closely with the product and engineering teams. Sometimes you will work with the artists on our platform or with our Content Producers for unique experiences like nifty giveaways or site takeovers.
This job will require you to work across UX and UI, across web and mobile, and with a few different engineering teams on large and small projects. If you’re a specialist in some particular area of design, we’d love to hear about that, but since we’re still a small team you’ll need to be willing and able to get your hands dirty across the whole product design landscape.
- Produce beautiful designs in line with our existing UI kit
- Audit UX flows, ensuring that Nifty Gateway is extremely easy to use
- Work with other team members to build new product features and overhaul existing ones
- 3+ years experience as an UI or UX designer
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail oriented, and delivering results in an organized manner
- Proficient in Figma and other standard design software
- Experience designing for the web and mobile, and familiar with web and mobile design standards and systems
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- An interest in and general understanding of art, fashion, sports, e-sports and/or collectibles industries
- Familiarity and interest with nifties and digital collectibles as we are an NFT company
- Knowledge of NFTs and Ethereum hugely helpful
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.