Product Designer - Remote at AccuLynx
Working for AccuLynx:
AccuLynx is a fast-growing SaaS provider of CRM/project management software for roofing contractors. With more than 10 years in business and impressive year-over-year revenue growth, we have quickly established ourselves as the leading software product in this multi-billion dollar industry.
AccuLynx is looking for a UX Product Designer to join our growing Design team! The ideal candidate understands the software design lifecycle, has a passion for making the complicated simple and has experience designing interfaces for desktop and mobile devices. The ideal candidate also understands “mobile-first" responsive design patterns and is experienced working on responsive web applications. The UX Product Designer at AccuLynx works within a team to iteratively develop solutions that align with clearly defined requirements as well as participate in design sprints and design workshops to help define those product requirements.
An AccuLynx UX Product Designer is a great communicator and is expected to be able to multitask and prioritize work. UX Product Designers facilitate collaboration as an integral participant of a product team, collaborating with product managers, development leads, software engineers and other product designers. Product designers are expected to translate business goals and customer needs into smart and intuitive user flows, wireframes and interfaces, thinking through product ideas both functionally, aesthetically and from a usability perspective, using design-thinking and creative problem solving ideas that improve the experience our customers have with our software and return business value. This position reports to our VP of Product and Design.
What You Will Do:
- Create digital product solutions for AccuLynx desktop and mobile applications
- Solve complex interaction design challenges
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to understand our customers needs based on real-world context
- Receive high-level direction and deliver on detailed prototypes, wireframes, and visual compositions to communicate your ideas.
- Develop visual comps, wireframes and process flows
- Champion great ideas verbally and through design artifacts that clearly communicate those ideas
- Participate in design workshop sessions and create multiple concepts around a given set of requirements
- Utilize expert sense of composition, typography, color theory, responsive web design and user Interface best practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to travel to Beloit, WI headquarters every other Tuesday for Sprint Demos, as well as for major planning sessions
- +3 years related experience in UI & visual design for software or ecommerce businesses including responsive web design and mobile applications.
- Formal degree in design, HCI or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Understand big picture ideas and think modularly to facilitate product improvement over phases.
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously in an agile development environment
- Collaborates effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Understands limitations and capabilities of desktop browsers, mobile devices, and presentation layer technologies.
- Strong portfolio featuring design work that showcases user interface design, interaction design, information design, visual design and mobile design skills.
- An undeniable passion for creating great user interfaces that solve real user problems.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, and ability to grasp complex, nuanced product requirements.
- Solid experience designing for desktop and mobile applications with a focus on delivering engaging user experiences (SAAS Software products a plus).
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of motion graphics and prototyping tools a plus.
Why We Love AccuLynx:
AccuLynx’s success as the #1 business management software for roofing contractors over the past 11 years is thanks to us investing in our employees, maintaining company values and focusing on a strong company culture. Our positive work environment has allowed us to retain employees that have been with us since our company’s inception and has provided the solid groundwork for us to develop an industry-leading product while exceeding our customer’s expectations. Because of our commitment to our company values and culture, we were recently officially recognized as a Great Place to Work Certified™ organization, with 90% of our employees naming AccuLynx as a great place to work.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in AccuLynx's mission promotes a culture of collaboration, innovation and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Attractive compensation packages
- Flexible paid time off - 3 weeks off in your first year!
- Competitive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Free snacks and drinks
- Gym membership (to work off the snacks and drinks)
- 401K matching and safe harbor contributions
Applicants must be able to work legally within the United States, and we currently do not offer H1B Visa sponsorship. Please, no 3rd party inquiries.
AccuLynx is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and employing a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected characteristics.