Product Designer (UX/UI) at Nordstrom
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!Who we are
What people wear takes them places, and we follow along. We get to know them and their unique challenges so we can make each day better. Because, without exception, setbacks lead to solutions, to jolts of confidence that help people thrive. For us, that means questioning what we think we know, always. Pushing our minimum viable products to exceed expectations. Recognizing that even our best design won’t replace people, but support them. After all, iteration is the whole point. Styles change. People change. And so do we.
You’ll be partnering with a PM and EM on a product pod to define the scope of projects, conduct research, write project briefs, create architecture and flows to articulate the solutions, prototype, test, and pair with engineers to deliver the final product.
How you’ll do it:
- Create holistic design solutions that address business and user requirements by considering the entire customer experience.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics of the user-centered design process within a cross-functional team.
- Participate in running usability studies, collecting and reacting to user feedback.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Define UX and UI requirements by working directly with your design director, product manager, and engineering team to execute a consistent experience across systems and products.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, pixel-perfect design assets, and other UX deliverables.
- Collaborate on our evolving design system.
- You have tangible experience building dynamic web and mobile applications.
- You are passionate about user-centered design, turning the complex to simple.
- You are passionate about learning.
- You are a collaborator.
- You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and talking to users, out in the field, a lot!
- Believe design has a scientific intent, and that you can measure your success based on the business value you create.
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the Trunk Club experience both visually appealing and easy to use.
- Are a solid communicator possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and product managers.
- Have the self-motivation to drive projects forward that have an undefined direction
- A Product/UX design degree complemented with professional Product Design/UX experience.
- 3-4 years of professional experience in practice area
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, usability, and heuristics
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs for web, iOS, and Android with a strength in mobile design
- Demonstrated ability to use visuals to communicate your design intent.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- You’re able to generate ideas quickly without a lot of background information or parameters.
- Comfortable leading teams through the product design phase of a project.
- Desire and experience in prototyping.
- Proficient using Figma, Adobe Suite, Sketch, and prototyping tools (framer, principle, invision) or equivalent would be a plus.
- Bonus points! - experience and comfortability in React.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners implementing best in class user experiences.
- With transparency. We have an open layout. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We are continually evolving our creative process. Be ready to work and think outside the box, often on tight deadlines.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Career growth budget for conferences or other career development
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!
Career Framework Level: 16 (IC)