Do clunky experiences of everyday tasks, like parking, drive you nuts? Do you have a desire to make them better? We do, too!
SpotHero is seeking a Product Designer to lead design for an emerging product line of our consumer facing products. This crucial role will make a transformational impact on our business by improving customer experiences across web, iOS and Android by helping millions of drivers connect with parking operators across North America.
Who we are:
SpotHero is one of the mobility industry's hottest tech companies, paving the future of parking through innovative technology. As cities ramp back up post-COVID, we're growing our teams, tech and vision to forge mobility's comeback. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology and insights, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Our Product Design Team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day to create the best experience for our customers. We marry user research—both qualitative and quantitative—with fast-paced execution to form a user, data, and design-centric culture.
What you will get to do
- Create holistic design solutions for our millions of customers that address their needs by considering the entire customer experience for airport, event and monthly parkers.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics of the user-centered design process within a cross-functional team.
- Glean insights about our current and future users from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Design user research and usability studies, collect and react to user feedback.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Work directly with your product manager and engineering team to define UX and UI requirements that create a consistent experience across channels and products.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, high-fidelity mocks, and other UX deliverables.
- Create thoughtful growth experiments through innovative design solutions and test against 3 million monthly visitors.
- Collaborate on our evolving design system.
Who you are
- You believe design has a scientific intent. With it, you measure your success based on the business value you’re able to create.
- You are a self-starter who actively seeks the “why” in order to make the SpotHero experience easy and enjoyable to use.
- You know how to navigate through the unknown and you embrace a collaborative, iterative environment.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of responsive web design, iOS, and Android best practices.
- You are passionate about user-centered design. You get excited when conducting usability tests, talking to users out in the field, A/B testing, and sharing your learnings with the organization.
- You are a solid communicator, possessing strong presentation and verbal + written communication skills.
- You are exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and product managers.
What you bring
- Have a portfolio that showcases your design process, thinking and execution.
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, usability, and heuristics.
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs.
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools - InVision and Sketch preferred.
- 2+ years professional experience designing web applications and native apps.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with Mixpanel
- Experience in testing with a platform similar to Optimizely
Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
Steps to apply:
- A link to or PDF of your portfolio, showing designs with data visualizations and any necessary passwords to view work
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
Location: Chicago or Toronto
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.