Product Designer at Paro
The Product Designer role is responsible for the user experience and visual design of products and features. You will be excited to work closely with end users, stakeholders, and our leadership team to solve user problems by driving ideas from early discovery and research to final delivery. You should be proficient in responsive web application design practices. You will be involved in all phases of the product lifecycle to ensure that applicable solutions are valuable for our users and align with our business objectives.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a collaborative cross-functional environment working on a small product team made up of a Product Manager, a Product Designer, & 3-5 Developers. This Designer will be empowered to be adaptable and creative in ways that our users love and that work for our business.
We are creating an alternative employment model for the future of finance work. By capitalizing on the rise of the freelance/gig economy, we are disrupting the $150bn antiquated accounting industry. Through technology, we bring work directly to the highest quality finance and accounting professionals and provide them with the tools they need to manage and grow their own books of business. At the end of our day, our purpose is simple: Empower people to do what they love. Culture: Collaboration is key to the Paro Home Team. Together, we curate an open environment and encourage constant feedback to create great experiences for our freelancers and guarantee success for our clients. We live and breathe our values and have a whole lot of fun along the way.
What We Do
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
You are focused on product discovery, user experience design, prototypic, user testing, and interaction/visual design. You are a strategic thinker and a can provide voice in which you have no problem to use. You want to continue evolving as a subject matter expert. You’re well-rounded, proactive and productive. You can take a project and run with it. You can make something complex into something simple and interesting. Product, design and research excites you.
What You’ll Do
- Produce stunning visual designs, manage interactions, and define information architecture from discovery through delivery including: sketches, wireframes, illustrations, and other user-centered design methodologies
- Optimize existing user interface designs and create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to validate new product and/or feature ideas on behalf of the broader product team
- Collaborate with the whole company to create simple and intuitive product experiences
- Develop and execute research initiatives to inform and defend product directions
- Help define technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centric solutions
- Combine creativity with the structure of a defined design system and UI Kit to ensure consistency
- Distill feature research and test results into actionable plans for development
- Display leadership by taking ownership over the projects you contribute to
- Communicate with both our clients and freelancers to understand their pain points, goals, and objectives
Skills You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience designing web applications
- Experience conducting user research & stakeholder interviews
- Strong visual design aesthetic
- Understanding and ability to apply A/B Testing
- Understanding of user acceptance testing
- Superuser of Sketch
- Working knowledge of InVision or prototype in general
- Proficiency of HTML/CSS to better connect with the engineering team
- Axure for wireframing and low level prototyping
- Ability to wireframe
- Ability to develop, organize, and maintain process documentation
- Clear, effective communicator—verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work productively on a product team in a cross-functional capacity
- Results-oriented; proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others under time pressure.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time to address multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, team environment.
Competitive salary + stock options
Fun and challenging environment that propels career growth Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Unlimited PTO – we trust you
Monthly happy hours and team outings
Catered breakfast on Mondays and Fridays
Great office location in Gold Coast, steps away from public transportation
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push us
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise! We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow