Product Designer at Crafty (Chicago, IL)
Who We Are:
Crafty is a centralized platform for workplaces to manage food, beverage, and supplies for their in-office, remote, and hybrid teams across the globe. Founded in 2015, our mission is to help companies craft better workplaces. From G2 to Paypal to Yelp, we work with the world’s biggest brands to harness the power of food and beverage to foster a culture of employee connectivity and increase workplace productivity. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York and the Bay area, Crafty manages over 260 international customer offices and serves over 300,000 employees per month.
Crafty is seeking a Product Designer (UX/UI) to join our growing product & tech team! As a Product Designer at Crafty, we will be looking to you to create product experiences that meet our users’ needs. We believe that design should be human-centered and our design team works closely with our users, stakeholders, product managers, and the development team to ensure that problems are being solved holistically and that solutions are handed off cleanly. We believe in the importance of systems and are looking for someone who can work with their peers to ensure our design library is organized and ready to scale with our business.
As a Product Designer at Crafty, you will be dedicated to an agile scrum team consisting of a Product Manager and Engineers that collaborate daily to deliver users value against the Product roadmap. You will work closely with your Product Manager to craft user journeys that elegantly solve our users needs and bring the journeys to life through comprehensive, user-tested product designs.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 3+ years experience of UX and UI design for products across a variety of users with a focus on complex flows and use cases.
- Experience designing B2B, SaaS, and/or Internal Tools preferred.
- Worked with a collaborative agile team to review features and provide guidance
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity.
- To be considered for this position, please include a link to your portfolio
- Proficiency with design & interactive prototyping tools such as Figma (our tool of choice), Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Abstract or Invision
- Experience with Information Architecture design and systems thinking
- Understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution.
- Experience conducting usability testing with users.
- Ability to accurately scope projects and provide accurate estimates to complete the work at hand.
- An ability to lead design review and brainstorming sessions that develop stakeholders business needs into user-focused solutions.
- Experience maintaining and evolving design systems
- Deeply curious and empathetic and have the ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks” or “what we should design” but rather, “why are we designing this at all?”
- Collaborative by nature. You will be working with product owners, developers and end users. We expect our product team to see their projects throughout the entire product cycle.
- Able to present work in a clear and compelling manner and are able to rationalize design decisions by citing best practices, testing data, or business goals
- Extraordinarily organized. Detail-orientation is an absolute must. You have tried-and-true methods in your arsenal for staying organized and on top of it all.
- Extremely hard working. We are a startup with the mentality that no job is too big or too small for us. You hustle because that’s just how you work.
- Passionate about growth. We have a bright future ahead – which depends on our team’s spirit, morale, and work ethic.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 14 days after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
- 14 days after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
- 14 days after you've received 2 doses of any "mix-and-match" combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated.
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you’re joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly hard and know how to get things done. Building the structure to support our team as it continues to grow will have a tremendous impact in enabling our growth today and shaping the company that we become.
We are proud to offer a compensation package that includes an option to join our Crafty healthcare plan to cover health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, equipment certification courses, and parental leave. And, it goes without saying, but snacks, beverages, and fun Crafty events are a part of that!
Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.